Digital Interactive Services
Leveraging the potential of Amazon marketplace
Amazon has become synonymous with online shopping and e-commerce, with close to 55% of the customers starting their product search on Amazon. About 90% of the customers check Amazon product offerings before making a purchase decision. With over 300 million active users, Amazon offers an excellent opportunity for businesses to reach their customers. Moreover, sellers have been able to increase their sales by 30–50% with the help of Amazon marketplace services. However, if you want to leverage the power of Amazon marketplace to grow your business, you have to focus on listing your products appropriately.* You can add variations to the Amazon listings to ensure your product range is visible to the customers.
Variations in Amazon listing
Many sellers have a difficult time understanding and creating variations in Amazon listings. A variety in the listings can boost your business through Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) services; however, if done incorrectly, they can create problems for you. Amazon defines variations as the range of products selling under one ‘parent’ listing. The variations (or ‘child’ listings) are related and similar products that can differ in attributes, such as size, colour, or flavour. With the help of such a parent–child listing, you can group your available product range under a single listing and give customers the freedom to select the desired attributes without navigating to another listing.
Adding variations to the Amazon listing
You can add variations to your existing Amazon listings with the help of the Amazon Variation Wizard tool in the following steps:
- Go to the ‘Seller Central’ home page.
- Select the ‘Inventory’ tab and click on the ‘Manage Inventory’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Select the listing you want to customise.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to the ‘Edit’ option on the rightmost corner of the screen and select ‘Copy Listing.’
- Next, go to the Vital Info page. You can skip it and go to the ‘Variations’ tab if you are adding variations to an existing Amazon listing.
- Click on the drop-down menu, next to ‘Variation Theme,’ to select the variation you want to add, for example, colour or size.
- Fill in the available alternatives for the product and click ‘Add Variations.’
- Next, go to a ‘Required Fields’ matrix. For each variation:
- Input item condition, price, and quantity. You can write ‘0’ in quantity if you are using the FBA listing.
- Specify variation details (colour map or size chart) and seller SKU for each item. The system will automatically generate an SKU for items without a specified SKU.
- Add product identifier for each item (ASIN, GTIN, UPC, or EAN). Alternatively, you can use the same product ID of the child listing that was created.
- Add or modify information in fields ‘Description,’ ‘Images,’ or ‘Compliance’ as required. Click on ‘Save & Finish’ to add the variation. You can also edit this product information later from the ‘Manage Inventory’ page.
- You can use a catalogue management solution to effectively manage and track the child variations in your product range and record details, such as variation details, SKU, product identifier, description, and images, entered in the last two steps.
- You will see a green pop-up confirming the changes and variations added to your Amazon listing. It can take up to 15 minutes to reflect these changes on your ‘Seller Central’ page.
You can follow a similar procedure to add variations to new listings using the ‘Add a product’ option from the ‘Inventory’ tab. Adding variations to your Amazon listings can help you boost sales and grow your business through:
- Improved visibility
- Improved conversion
- Improved sales
- Improved reviews and rating
- Better customer experience
- Better rank
How can Infosys BPM Help?
Infosys BPM Marketplace Management Services offer you experience and expertise to help build and protect your online brand identity and ensure optimal visibility to your customers. You can leverage the services offered by Infosys BPM to launch your business on the Amazon marketplace and manage inventory effectively. With Catalogue Management services, you can effectively manage your product range on the Amazon marketplace and offer visibility to different product variations through rich content, unique titles, and optimised images. Let Infosys BPM Marketplace Management Services support your presence on Amazon marketplace and help grow your business.
*For organisations on the digital transformation journey, agility is key in responding to a rapidly changing technology and business landscape. Now more than ever, it is crucial to deliver and exceed organisational expectations with a robust digital mindset backed by innovation. Enabling businesses to sense, learn, respond, and evolve like living organisms, will be imperative for business excellence. A comprehensive yet modular suite of services is doing precisely that. Equipping organisations with intuitive decision-making automatically at scale, actionable insights based on real-time solutions, anytime/anywhere experience, and in-depth data visibility across functions leading to hyper-productivity, Live Enterprise is building connected organisations that are innovating collaboratively for the future.