Digital Interactive Services
The essential guide to content automation
Content drives intent — the intent to either buy, learn, or engage. Within the growing digital environment, the demand for content is rising exponentially. However, businesses find it challenging to maintain the quality and consistency of content that can engage the target audience or nurture leads. Hence, content automation has evolved to iron out the tediousness of content marketing by automating the content lifecycle.
What is content automation?
Content automation systemises the content lifecycle by automating content creation, distribution, publishing, and monitoring impact workflow. By using content workflow software, a business can speed up the process of strategising, collaborating, creating, and distributing content. Content automation is often confused with automated content creation using AI tools. However, it has a broader purview as content automation platforms can streamline all processes in the content lifecycle that are repetitive or time-consuming. Some use cases of content automation are:
Content research and management:Using tools to discover ideas, keyword insights, trends, competitor data, and content gaps
Content creation:Using AI writers and tools that use ML to create a variety of short-form content, outlines, and multimedia material
Content editing and optimisation:Involving proofreading material, checking for originality, and optimising it for your target audience and search engines
Automation of distribution:Posting content on multiple channels such as business websites, social handles, and email lists
Content analysis:Tweaking the content marketing strategy by indicating how the audience is consuming your content and helping you measure and track the performance
How automated content marketing benefits businesses?
The marketing automation software market is growing rapidly at a CAGR of 8.6% and is expected to reach $6.3 billion by 2026. The rise is attributed to the many benefits of automating marketing processes that save time and money for your business.
- Automation streamlines content lifecycle, saving time wasted on repetitive tasks and manual processes. About 74% of business respondents in a survey point out time efficiency as the most significant advantage of marketing automation. It allows the workforce to focus on creating and promoting accurate, creative, and impactful content.
- Improving the ROI of content is the motivation behind businesses investing in automation. Cost efficiencies gained from not having to employ additional staff, quicker processes, and fewer errors justify the deployment of content workflow software. Moreover, automation allows personalising communication, nurturing leads, and driving the ROI of the content.
- Automation encourages standardising the business taxonomy, improving collaboration, and delegation, thus ensuring compliance among content creators. It supports data integration, modularisation of content for reuse, and ease of tracking and analytics.
What to look for in a content workflow software?
Content automation software must be a simple, unified interface that eases content-related tasks with minimal human intervention. Here are the few things that an effective content workflow software must deliver:
- Content creation workflows that include simple processes like editing software and complex processes like lead generation and analytics
- Content calendars that are sharable and easily accessible to the content marketing team
- Storage options for your content and metadata
- Automation of reporting to track and analyse the impact of content across channels
- Easy integration with existing systems to connect the content hub with multiple channels for distribution and promotion of content
Steps to create a content automation strategy
Some of the best practices to optimise your content automation journey are:
- Identify the areas where automation can be effective such as marketing and customer communication.
- Research the available options for the best-suited platform for each use case.
- Analyse workflow automation to integrate individual automation platforms.
- Look for a trusted partner for outsourcing content and AI-led automation of processes.
- Use analytics tools to monitor automation performance, search for loopholes, and bridge gaps.
For organisations on the digital transformation journey, agility is key in responding to a rapidly changing technology and business landscape. Now more than ever, it is crucial to deliver and exceed organisational expectations with a robust digital mindset backed by innovation. Enabling businesses to sense, learn, respond, and evolve like living organisms will be imperative for business excellence. A comprehensive yet modular suite of services is doing precisely that. Equipping organisations with intuitive decision-making automatically at scale, actionable insights based on real-time solutions, anytime/anywhere experience, and in-depth data visibility across functions leading to hyper-productivity, Live Enterprise is building connected organisations that are innovating collaboratively for the future.
How can Infosys BPM help?
Infosys BPM offers several services that boost your marketing efforts with the expertise of our Content Marketing Operations team. The Infosys Digital Studio is uniquely capable of meeting your creative content needs. We offer a holistic marketing ecosystem that provides robust marketing solutions, scalability, and data security for your business needs.