Digital Interactive Services
Everything you need to know about eCommerce integration
With an estimated market value of $5.55 trillion in 2022, the e-commerce industry is a veritable cash cow. Since the pandemic, customers have demanded flexible, straightforward, and convenient buying options, resulting in the inception of more and more online stores. As a result, e-commerce has witnessed constant growth over the years and is expected to take up about 22.3% of total retail sales by 2023.
What is eCommerce integration?
Simply put, e-commerce integration is the accumulation, exchange, and coordination of data between your company’s e-commerce data management system and other back-end channels such as accounting, inventory, sales, ERP, CRM, and marketing. The data sharing usually needs an application programming interface (API integration). With so many e-commerce players putting their foot in the door, the competition is cutthroat. A business needs to have an efficient and adaptive model with accurate product data integration to stay at the top.
Why is eCommerce integration important for your business?
Growth and profitability of a business enterprise is closely associated with a well-executed e-commerce integration strategy across your data management systems. You can save a lot of time and resources with e-commerce integration software as it eliminates the need for you to feed the product data multiple times into various systems. By offering improved data accessibility and a seamless flow of information across all the channels, integration can help your brand increase sales and customer conversion rates.* It also limits any errors caused due to manual data entry and reduces subsequent losses.
What are the benefits of eCommerce integration?
eCommerce integration can give your business the edge it requires to stay ahead of the competition and in the black. Through e-commerce integration, you can effectively amalgamate your enterprise’s online and offline sales channels with back-end ERP.
- Elimination of manual and duplicate data: With e-commerce integration, you can create and maintain a centralised system for all your product data. This aids in avoiding redundancy or loss of information that usually arises from manual data entry, where data is stored across segregated platforms. Subsequently, the database will be neater and more accurate.
- Better data integrity and accuracy: The key to a profitable e-commerce business is accurate and reliable data. The right data allows businesses to get a comprehensive idea of market trends and stay ahead of the curve. Integration of precise inventory information such as pricing, availability, and other relevant product specifications ensures customer retention. It also allows for ease of expanding and syncing inventory across all the sales channels.
- Accelerated data exchange across systems: Integration can help your business optimise the process of data exchange between different online and offline channels. In addition, it can save you a lot of time while tracking inventory and real-time updates using automation. With a lag-free model in place, your business can shift focus towards other important tasks such as optimising the quality of your products and services.
- Improved customer experience: eCommerce integration gives your customers a pleasant experience by keeping your company’s processes clear and transparent. By integrating your data across your sales channels, you can also effectively provide clients with the best options available, and in turn, ensuring that they stay loyal to your brand. You can also understand your customers’ behaviours and requirements and adjust your business plan accordingly to offer superior services.
- Streamlined business processes and expansion: Integrating your data across all systems and platforms ensures that your customers get the right data for the products relevant to them, keeping them happy and satisfied. Furthermore, it also helps your business with customer acquisition and expanding your audience base. Your business can efficiently expand with the ease of inventory addition.
How can Infosys BPM help?
It is evident how the pandemic has disrupted the e-commerce market forever, shifting the spotlight from offline retail to online retail. For all the businesses with their skin in the game, e-commerce integration is the need of the hour. Businesses must stay agile and adapt to the changing behaviours and demands of their customers to avoid going obsolete. Our integrated e-commerce solutions can help minimise manual labour, limit potential losses, aid in inventory expansion, help with customer retention and improve user experience. In other words, e-commerce integration would help enterprises enhance their brand value and image.
*For organisations on the digital transformation journey, agility is key in responding to a rapidly changing technology and business landscape. Now more than ever, it is crucial to deliver and exceed organisational expectations with a robust digital mindset backed by innovation. Enabling organisations to sense, learn, respond, and evolve like a living organism will be imperative for business excellence going forward. A comprehensive yet modular suite of services is doing exactly that. Equipping organisations with intuitive decision-making automatically at scale, actionable insights based on real-time solutions, anytime/anywhere experience, and in-depth data visibility across functions leading to hyper-productivity, Live Enterprise is building connected organisations that are innovating collaboratively for the future.