DIGITAL INTERACTIVE SERVICES
Marketing Operations Workflow Optimisation
Marketing is one of the core business functions that is integral to the success and growth of any business. And as more marketing communication channels become available to businesses – with the rise of digital marketing – understanding and improving your marketing operations is becoming more critical. However, many marketing teams fail to consider and evaluate their marketing workflow processes when developing marketing strategies and campaigns. Over time, this can result in inefficiencies creeping into your team's working habits, which can be detrimental to your marketing goals. But focusing on your marketing operations, understanding the marketing workflow, and working on workflow optimisation can help you ensure your marketing efforts yield the best possible results.
What is marketing workflow optimisation?
Marketing workflow, simply put, is the steps your marketing team would take to complete any marketing operations. Understanding and documenting these workflows is essential to streamline how your marketing operations and team operates. And optimising your marketing workflow processes and operations involves gathering data about your existing marketing workflows and using data-backed insights to fine-tune your marketing efforts to get the best possible results.
Reasons to optimise your marketing workflow
You cannot overestimate the importance of mapping your marketing activities and optimising the workflow. A few major benefits of workflow optimisation and reasons to fine-tune your marketing workflow are:
- Drive harmony and consensus among the team.
- Improve the quality of your marketing campaigns and marketing content operations.
- Fine-tune your workflow and encourage close collaboration to incorporate new efficiencies.
- Streamline your marketing efforts for time and cost-effectiveness, which, in turn, leads to increased profitability.
15 best practices for marketing workflow optimisation
Now that we have covered the meaning of marketing workflow optimisation (What?) and the reasons to fine-tune your marketing workflow processes (Why?), the next question is, what are some of the best practices for workflow optimisation (How?). Here are some of the best practices that can help you effectively manage and optimise your marketing workflow:
- Research, understand, and work with your target audience in mind. Because if you miss the mark on appealing to your target audience, even the most well-designed marketing campaigns cannot succeed.
- Do not stop collecting and managing customer data once you have a marketing plan in place. Continue to manage your customer data for real-time insights into your target customer profile.
- Leverage data analytics tools to align your customer insights with marketing workflow, processes, and strategies.
- Implement lean methodology (build, measure, learn) and establish key marketing metrics (for example, campaign ROI or reach) to evaluate your marketing workflow performance and optimise accordingly.
- Leverage marketing automation tools in your workflow to improve your marketing performance and reach a wider customer base.
- Prioritise content development, while staying true to your brand voice and identity, as content marketing is one of the fastest and most effective ways to reach your target audience.
- Incorporate social media and SEO strategies in your marketing workflows and campaigns to maximise your reach online.
- Build a long-term marketing plan with scheduled intervals to review and update your marketing workflow and processes.
- Establish a cross-departmental workflow for ease of information sharing, coordination, and collaboration between different teams, like marketing, product, sales etc.
- Do not complicate the workflow and marketing content operations. Keep things simple so that all team members are on the same page about their roles and responsibilities.
- Although every step of the workflow is important, the beginning of your marketing workflow is critical to establishing the motivation, goals, performance indicators, and action plan of the marketing campaign. Therefore, nailing the initial steps of your workflow is critical.
- A well-created marketing workflow can be a great tool to guide your marketing team’s efforts. However, it is critical to not rely too much on the workflow, allowing it to control your actions and ignore any novel tools or work methods that do not align with the current workflow.
- Be sure to guide your team through the workflow with the help of a strategic analyst. Additionally, you can also leverage tools and frameworks like Scrum board to focus on weekly priorities and delegate tasks.
- Do not be afraid to experiment with new marketing tools and techniques to see how they can fit into your marketing workflow and make it more efficient.
- And last but not least, by any stretch of the imagination, remain accountable and build a trusting relationship and credibility with your team and customers to get the best results from your marketing efforts.
Whether your business is a brick-and-mortar shop, an online-only venture, or a combination of both, these best practices can help you put your best foot forward, optimise your marketing workflow and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your marketing workflow processes.
For organisations on the digital transformation journey, agility is key in responding to a rapidly changing technology and business landscape. Now more than ever, it is crucial to deliver and exceed on organisational expectations with a robust digital mindset backed by innovation. Enabling businesses to sense, learn, respond, and evolve like a living organism, will be imperative for business excellence going forward. A comprehensive, yet modular suite of services is doing exactly that. Equipping organisations with intuitive decision-making automatically at scale, actionable insights based on real-time solutions, anytime/anywhere experience, and in-depth data visibility across functions leading to hyper-productivity, Live Enterprise is building connected organisations that are innovating collaboratively for the future.
How can Infosys BPM help?
Infosys BPM content marketing solutions (MarkOps) brings together the best marketing and operational experts to help your business grow and adapt with scalable services across campaign and community, CRM and CMS operations, events and e-commerce, and Infosys digital studio. Our scalable business-oriented marketing solutions can help you innovate and evolve your marketing workflow and processes to keep up with today's fast-paced world. And with a focus on data security, you can rest assured that your business and customer data remains confidential. So, work with the Infosys BPM MarkOps team to turbocharge your marketing ecosystem and optimise your marketing workflows.