Finance and Accounting
The benefits of a VCFO service
As your organisation grows, so does the need for structured financial planning, tracking cash flow, and developing sustainable growth strategies based on the company’s financial condition. All these responsibilities fall on a Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The primary duties of a CFO include overseeing and managing a business’ financial operations and taking key decisions based on the organisation’s financial strengths and weaknesses. Remote virtual CFO services offer the same expertise and insights into a company’s finances but without the added expenses associated with the full-time hiring of a high-level executive, such as substantial salary, bonuses, benefits, and office space. Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of availing the services of a VCFO vis-à-vis hiring a full-time, in-house CFO.
- Reduced costs: With a VCFO, a company can eliminate the burdens associated with hiring a full-time employee, such as regular bonuses and other benefits. Virtual CFO services cost your organisation much less than what you would pay an in-house CFO with similar experience. VCFO services are priced according to your specific needs, so the costs will be relative to the amount of time and deliverables your business needs.
- Flexibility and scalability: VCFO services allow you to establish the terms for time and costs that suit your organisation. Whether you need a VCFO to work full time or part time is dependent on your requirements. Working hours can be scaled up or down depending on your business’ changing needs.
- Technological integration: A competent VCFO service applies modern technology, including AI and advanced data analytics, into its processes to manage and ensure accounting compliance and create reliable financial projections.
- Budget control: Virtual CFO services provide thorough budgetary analysis reports based on your business’ fixed budget allocations. This helps you to monitor spending and constantly re-evaluate and control your organisation’s budget.
- Increased cash flow: One of the primary benefits of virtual CFO services is the ability to boost cash flow by gaining insights and implementing the VCFO’s recommendations for improving certain business areas. A proficient VCFO will analyse your business’ financial structure and spending patterns and recommend workable solutions to increase cash flow.
- Diverse industry experience: Virtual CFOs have a unique advantage in terms of working concurrently with, and gaining knowledge from, various industries. While the VCFO provider you collaborate with will probably assign you a CFO with extensive experience in your specific field of business, they will probably have worked in other industries as well. This diverse industry experience can provide your organisation with a wider variety of insights and networks that wouldn’t otherwise be possible.
- A team of CFOs at your disposal: When you employ the services of a virtual CFO who is a member of an external CFO team or organisation, your company will benefit from the experience and knowledge of not only that CFO but of the entire team of CFOs at that VCFO service provider. While the VCFO assigned to you acts as your single point of contact, you’re availing the combined knowledge of several highly-experienced CFOs, collectively monitoring your organisation’s budget, cash flow, expenses, and financial risks.
- A vast network: Most experienced CFOs have spent years building and nurturing a network of useful contacts, including financiers, lenders, and other economic experts. A virtual CFO who is part of an organised VCFO team has access to their own contacts as well as the networks of the other CFOs on their team. Access to a network of professionals and business professionals is beneficial when raising funds or planning an organisational expansion into new products, services, or geographical territories.
- The ability to handle any challenge: With diverse experience in handling the financial needs of several different organisations across various domains, virtual CFOs come prepared to handle just about any challenge that your organisation may throw their way. They have probably worked with businesses of various sizes and at various stages of growth and have faced innumerable issues. Even when confronted with a new challenge, they have the collective experiences of a whole team of CFOs to fall back on to provide you with a workable solution to any problem.
For organisations on the digital transformation journey, agility is key in responding to a rapidly changing technology and business landscape. Now more than ever, it is crucial to deliver and exceed organisational expectations with a robust digital mindset backed by innovation. Enabling businesses to sense, learn, respond, and evolve like living organisms, will be imperative for business excellence. A comprehensive yet modular suite of services is doing precisely that. Equipping organisations with intuitive decision-making automatically at scale, actionable insights based on real-time solutions, anytime/anywhere experience, and in-depth data visibility across functions leading to hyper-productivity, Live Enterprise is building connected organisations that are innovating collaboratively for the future.
How can Infosys BPM help?
You can take advantage of these and more benefits of a VCFO by enhancing financial management with digital transformation. Whether you choose an in-house or a virtual CFO, digitisation will greatly help you handle your organisation’s changing financial needs. The Infosys BPM Finance and Accounting services offer end-to-end financial process support to enable CFOs to carry out their duties efficiently and effectively and support business growth with robust decision-making abilities. Reach out to explore how these services can add value to your organisation.