Master Data Management
Rethinking master data management for customer engagement success
MDM, or Master Data Management, is increasingly becoming significant for companies looking to govern and control their data. Enterprise data is always in an extensive range of silos, making it impossible for a single view. It causes serious hassle and difficulties for customers and sales management by the organisations. It is the most overlooked problem companies face due to data compliance and governance.
Definition of Master Data Management
Master Data Management is a technology discipline enabling the business in which IT and business work together. They ensure the accuracy, governance, accountability, uniformity, stewardship, and semantic consistency of the official master data assets shared by an organisation. Master data management platforms offer the following characteristics.
- Supporting global linking, synchronisation, and identification of master data for heterogeneous data sources with the help of reconciliation
- Enabling delivery and creation of one or more data domain versions for all the stakeholders, supporting various company initiatives
- Managing and creating persisted and central record index or system for the master data
- Supporting ongoing governance and stewardship of master data requirements through corrective action methods and workflow-centric monitoring
How does MDM Technology work?
Central MDM solutions provide high-level customisation and flexibility for complex hybrid architectures in today’s world with multiple cloud environments. An MDM system ensures data is updated and accurate, maintains consistency, and ignores redundancy and duplication. This consistent combination of data collaboration and standards helps to streamline operations and improve decision-making with the help of optimised decision intelligence. MDM makes it possible through insight-enriched data processing at lower costs and faster than conventional solutions.
By integrating the MDM repository into the data, you can introduce automatic quality checks to improve information accuracy. It will lead to greater enrichment and standardisation. MDM also automates quality checks and improves information accuracy, leading to higher enrichment and standardisation. MDM handles the mapping and data modelling techniques for recognising the data element relationships.
Customer engagement ability is of primary importance for companies today but needs greater customer profile knowledge. Solutions like SAP MDG (Master Data Governance) offer a centralised platform for orchestrating and managing customer data and making possible relevant customer engagement. It makes data mastery achievable with no requirement for data analysts.
Advantages of Master Data Management Technology
The primary goal of MDM is to create a collected and shared data system for all the departments and systems within that specific organisation. MDM comes with the following advantages.
- A consolidated and consistent customer view across multiple channels for enhancing customer acquisition and campaign targeting
- MDM provides the power to target the company marketing more granularly through improved customer segmentation depending on customer behaviour and preferences and the demographics
- With higher customer data speed, agility, and accuracy, businesses get more time to market new services and products. This in turn allows the organisation to respond rapidly and confidently to the altering market conditions.
- Improving up and cross-selling opportunities with enhanced comprehensive customer data view. It enables businesses to find the best complementary services and products for their customers.
- It helps to create an improved customer experience due to accurate and consistent customer data across various customers’ interactive channels. This enriching experience will enhance customer loyalty and satisfaction, decreasing customer retention costs.
How AI (Artificial Intelligence) Augments Master Data Management?
AI is the powerhouse behind the intelligent cloud of data management. MDM is built on the unified metadata foundation of an enterprise, and it offers an AI-driven automatic system to manage different data management activities. AI implements machine learning techniques for automating various jobs requiring human intelligence assistance.
When the number of sources and master data increases, finding a particular data and recognizing the domain type becomes exceptionally challenging. But with the help of AI techniques like data similarity, semantic tagging, and clustering can easily automate data discovery, improving productivity and scalability.
AI helps catalogue the master data sources and domain type and maps the movement between applications and sources across the system. AI automates lineage mapping by scanning the metadata. AI can also assist in automating the schema-matching process by finding the mapping of single and group attributes related to the master data models.
In this era of a hypercompetitive industry, you will require an edge to remain ahead of your competitor by gaining success in customer engagement. You can only attain this through proper knowledge about your customers' preferences and behaviour. Data enrichment is not an option for creating a robust environment for enforcing and automating data validation and verification. Hence, most large-scale enterprises are attaining their marketing and sales objectives to drive business growth in the future through MDM.
For organizations on the digital transformation journey, agility is key in responding to a rapidly changing technology and business landscape. Now more than ever, it is crucial to deliver and exceed on organizational expectations with a robust digital mindset backed by innovation. Enabling businesses to sense, learn, respond, and evolve like a living organism, will be imperative for business excellence going forward. A comprehensive, yet modular suite of services is doing exactly that. Equipping organizations with intuitive decision-making automatically at scale, actionable insights based on real-time solutions, anytime/anywhere experience, and in-depth data visibility across functions leading to hyper-productivity, Live Enterprise is building connected organizations that are innovating collaboratively for the future.