Demystifying Low-Code No-Code
Software development is traditionally a skilled job carried out by highly educated and trained individuals over an extended period of time, utilising expensive applications. This makesit difficult for young people with creative ideas to use new technologies to invent novel solutions to business problems.
Ram, a commerce graduate who struggled with his grocery store stock keeping, found it expensive to have an app made for the purpose. He useda Low-Code No-Code (LCNC) product, which allowed him to build a programme with a daily dashboard for sales and inventory using Excel and a few drag-and-drop operations. How could a layperson with no coding knowledge build a program for inventory management?Here are the details.
Create simple apps with no-code platforms
No-code, as the name suggests does not require you to have any prior coding knowledge or experience. It is ideal for business users who are looking for an easy way to create a simple app, quickly without getting support from the busy development team. It usually has limited customisation options that use built-in templates as their foundation. It may have a dependency on the platform.
Low-code platforms require you to have basic coding knowledge to build applications and processes. Users do not need to learn a programming language.
Speed up app development with low-code platforms
Low-code platforms require you to have basic coding knowledge to build applications and processes.Users do not need to learn a programming language. All usersneed to do is implement logic and work through a visual interface with drag-and-drop capabilities.
"Using LCNC platform implies the absence of intricate or sophisticated coding in the development process"
Low-code platforms are an attractive and a logical choice for programmers aiming to accelerate the development cycle because of their fully customizable, platform-neutral nature, and capacity for end-to-end development of software with a range of levels of complexity.
A few of the myriad benefits to utilising low-code or no-code platforms are:
1. Simplicity - Most of the low-code no-code platforms have multiple, ready-to-use workflowsthat can be modified as necessary to make it easy to use.
2. Optimise productivity – Low-code significantlyreduces the development time ofa software application, occasionally evenby upto 90%. This gives programmers time to focus their skills and expertise on the complex&crucial elements of the process.
3. Adaptability – Since the low-code no-code platforms have a graphical interface with drag-and-drop options, changes can be easily implemented.
4. Maintenance – Using LCNC platform implies the absence of intricate or sophisticated coding in the development process. Even a junior-level coder with minimal expertise can effortlessly ensure that the software continues to work as expected. Hence maintenance is simple and cost-effective too.
5. Collaboration across teams – Low-code no-code platforms can be used by all business users and are an effective way to facilitate collaboration across different teams spanning multiple locations and domains.
There are many leading low-code no-code platforms that can be explored. A few of them,in no particular order, areSalesforce (no-code), Zoho, Kissflow, Pega and MS PowerApps etc.These applications can be used to create Dashboards, Applications for Data management, Workflows, etc.Go ahead,explore the available options to create software that you can use, and move into the digital era. The icing on the cake is that you don’t need to go through any additional training or programming skills!