Reimagining Processes, Redefining Businesses | Netherlands
Home to the legendary Van Gogh, the Netherlands is recognized for its clogs, tulips and windmills. 50% of its land lies less than one meter above sea level. David Van Der Merwe shares more in his interview about the Netherlands, football and his experience with Infosys BPM.
- Please elaborate on the work done at your delivery center and its history?
The Netherlands started in 2012 with opening a DC in Eindhoven as part of a rebadged deal. This was complemented in 2015 with a similar deal with a local pension & insurance service provider. We deliver Finance & Accounting, Insurance & Pensions processes, with 209 colleagues.
- How has your experience been with Infosys BPM?
Over the last 8 years, I have been on a roller-coaster journey with a lot of ups and downs but it has been a positive experience overall. I've had lots of opportunities to learn and gain experience. I believe that whatever success I have attained is through hard work and patience.
- What is your favorite part of work?
Managing people, meeting new people and having the ability to keep on innovating.
- How would you describe the overall employee profile/ diversity in your delivery centre?
The team comprises of 90% Dutch and the country normally turns "ORANGE" every game with a very disappointing exception this year because our team didn't qualify for this year's World Cup.
- Which country is most likely to win this year's football world cup and why?
Spain, because they have outstanding players and as a team, they are quite a threat for other teams.
- What's your favorite memory with respect to the football world cup?
2014 - Netherland 5 - Spain 1
- Please share some thoughts on your country's footballing culture.
5 million people out of a total population of 16 million play the game at 35,000 registered football clubs. When it comes to football the Dutch are on par with the best countries in the worlds.