Human Resource Outsourcing
The role of AI in the hiring process
Attracting and recruiting talent is one of the main concerns for companies that are competing for talent in the global market. But with each open posts attracting thousands of applications, it has become challenging for HR managers to sort through all the applications and select the right candidates. About 52% of the recruitment and talent acquisition specialists find screening candidates from the application pool the hardest part of the recruitment process.
But if you can automate the screening step or even other repetitive tasks in the hiring process, recruitment can become more efficient and effective. This is where artificial intelligence (AI) in recruitment and HR management comes into the picture, offering recruiters opportunities to disengage from repetitive screening tasks and focus on recruiting the best candidates.
AI for recruitment: Opportunities and challenges
AI for recruitment is the integration of AI solutions in the recruitment process, where machine learning models can help you shortlist ideal candidates, automate manual tasks, streamline the recruitment workflow, and free recruitment managers from repetitive high-volume tasks. The applications of AI in the hiring process also help you generate insights from the available talent pool, build screening tests to eliminate bias, and identify successful traits from candidates who have remained with the company. You can gain many benefits and opportunities if you integrate AI in the hiring process, including:
- Saving recruiters’ time from repetitive tasks to focus more on the best candidates
- Better quality of hire via standardised job matching
- Improved interaction, communication, and engagement throughout the recruitment lifecycle
- Removal of bias from the recruitment process
- Access to a larger talent pool to find suitable candidates for the job
But AI-powered recruitment is still evolving, and some of the challenges you need to look out for are:
- Higher upfront costs
- Need for a lot of data for training and engagement
- Potential to learn human bias from patterns in the existing recruitment process
- Potentially losing human touch in recruitment
- Scepticism and hesitation in adopting new technology
How can AI transform your hiring process?
So, you are considering implementing AI recruiting solutions. But how will they transform your hiring process? Automation and making smart decisions may save companies thousands of dollars per employee every year, in addition to improving the work life. Therefore, it is not surprising that several HR departments and providers are attempting to capitalise on the advantages of AI. Recruiters can use AI-assisted automated recruiting to pursue a candidate-first strategy. They can make better hiring decisions by evaluating massive volumes of data from the job market and connecting with prospects on a frequent basis. Here are a few ways AI can transform your hiring process.
- Simplifying the sourcing process: Finding and attracting the right candidates for an open position is a struggle well-known to talent acquisition specialists. With AI-powered recruitment, you can scan online resumes and social profiles of potential candidates — at scale — to find a more diverse talent pool suitable for your open position.
- Enhancing employee experience: Once sourced, AI solutions can contact potential candidates and lead them through the recruiting funnel quickly. This ensures a smooth and positive candidate experience, which is a critical contributor to talent recruitment and retention.
- Boosting screening: As AI tools are always learning, they can boost your screening process by not just relying on the candidates that have applied for the position but also reviewing past applications to select the most suitable candidate. Moreover, you can train AI models to remove unconscious bias from the recruitment process to ensure an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Assisting interview process: Before inviting candidates for an in-person interview, AI in talent acquisition can help you check a candidate’s fit by offering job simulations, undertaking personality testing, and conducting a pre-set virtual interview. As a result, you can ensure that not only the candidates meet the job requirements but will also fit your company culture.
- Improving onboarding experience: AI-powered HR solutions go beyond just screening and interviewing and extend to onboarding as well. Automating repetitive tasks — such as conducting background checks, putting together the paperwork, and getting employees started with the necessary documentation — helps employees begin work quickly and enables the HR department to focus on other critical tasks.
For organisations on the digital transformation journey, agility is key in responding to a rapidly changing technology and business landscape. Now more than ever, it is crucial to deliver and exceed on organisational expectations with a robust digital mindset backed by innovation. Enabling businesses to sense, learn, respond, and evolve like a living organism, will be imperative for business excellence going forward. A comprehensive, yet modular suite of services is doing exactly that. Equipping organisations with intuitive decision-making automatically at scale, actionable insights based on real-time solutions, anytime/anywhere experience, and in-depth data visibility across functions leading to hyper-productivity, Live Enterprise is building connected organisations that are innovating collaboratively for the future.
How can Infosys BPM help?
Infosys BPM Recruitment Outsourcing solutions and services offer you end-to-end solutions for your talent supply chain, from sourcing and screening to onboarding. Infosys BPM Recruitment Outsourcing solutions and services can give you automated hiring system solutions custom designed to meet your recruitment goals.