Human Resource Outsourcing
Six ways to improve workflow efficiency and increase productivity
Every organisation and individual have their own method of working and communicating. Nevertheless, it is easy to fall into a rut of inefficiency and develop habits that might prevent one from being productive. Hence, project managers must look for ways to improve workflow efficiency to provide employees with a seamless work experience and customers with high-quality products or services.
The key to fast delivery and predictable processes lies in managing the workflow efficiently. Organisations are adopting various workflow tools and systems to report, manage, and track all digital assets. According to a report, the workflow management systems will grow at a CAGR of 30.6% from 2021 to 2028. This suggests a growing demand for workflow management systems.
Businesses face constant challenges to stay competitive in their fields of work, and the pressure on work teams is often immense. Here, we have listed six ways to achieve efficient workflow in the organisation without overburdening the teams.
- Assess the current processes and systems: Before implementing new changes, it’s better to evaluate whether the current procedures deliver results effectively. Or ask the team members for their feedback to check which activities are productive and which aren’t working. This way, you can use these pointers to improve your current workflow. Instead of uprooting the entire process, you can work only on those areas that are slowing down and affecting the performance.
- Create a hierarchy of goals and projects to be prioritised: After observing your current processes, you'll need to rank the highest priorities for your daily, weekly, and monthly work. Make a schedule so that you can keep track of all the tasks. Be sure to track project progress and completion, along with delegating assignments in your new system.
- Create a map or workflow: You will be able to create an ideal process once you mark down the areas that need improvement and delete inefficient steps by creating a map. This way, everyone in the organisation can refer to the map to understand areas for improvement and eliminate those processes that slow down the team’s productivity.
- Leverage automation tools and technology: Automating certain tasks and processes helps in speeding up work and reducing manual work. Many organisations are adopting automation tools to reduce the time that team members spend on manual tasks. Also, consistent and accurate data is essential to improve operational efficiency, which can be possible by implementing the right technology.
- Analyse the new workflow: Once you have implemented a new workflow, you can’t expect it to work for the first time perfectly. You will need to evaluate your current strategy and tweak it when necessary to suit the ideal system for your company. Check which processes and tools are working effectively in improving your team's productivity. As you assess the current strategy, you will identify more inefficiencies and change processes to eliminate bottlenecks.
- Streamline communication: It is crucial to streamline communications for your team members and customers. Being efficient and knowledgeable in how your company interacts with customers is one of the most important things you can do to enhance operational efficiency and your company's growth. Use communication tools to improve collaboration and relationships across your teams by deploying, training, and regularly using them.
For an organisation to increase its efficiency and reduce costs, it is vital to streamline workflows, regardless of the business size. Fortunately, there are many different ways to improve workflow efficiency. Each of these strategies has its purpose, but all work towards the same goal: completing the projects quicker and better.
For organisations on the digital transformation journey, agility is key in responding to a rapidly changing technology and business landscape. Now more than ever, it is crucial to deliver and exceed organisational expectations with a robust digital mindset backed by innovation. Enabling businesses to sense, learn, respond, and evolve like living organisms, will be imperative for business excellence. A comprehensive yet modular suite of services is doing precisely that. Equipping organisations with intuitive decision-making automatically at scale, actionable insights based on real-time solutions, anytime/anywhere experience, and in-depth data visibility across functions leading to hyper-productivity, Live Enterprise is building connected organisations that are innovating collaboratively for the future.
How can Infosys BPM help?
Infosys BPM Human Resource Outsourcing provides comprehensive services to drive measurable improvement in business performance. Learn more about the learning and development outsourcing services that provide solutions for the entire learning value chain.