DIGITAL INTERACTIVE SERVICES
Setting up a content marketing metrics dashboard
You know content is king. You have a content marketing strategy in place, and you have the best team in place. You have ironed out wrinkles in the content workflow and have chosen all the right tools. You even have defined KPIs to monitor how your content marketing efforts measure up. But how will you monitor your content marketing efforts for decision-making insights? The answer is a marketing dashboard to monitor and track all your content marketing metrics.
The need for a content marketing metrics dashboard
Having set content marketing measurements and KPIs does not guarantee a successful content marketing campaign if these indicators are not routinely tracked. And if you drop the ball here, you will lack actionable insights that can help tweak your content marketing strategy and leverage the power of content to deliver leads. If you do not have a marketing dashboard, you are:
- Unable to check the metrics regularly
- Fail to check the same metrics and measure changes
- Consuming a lot of time on reporting process
As a result, you may go weeks (even months) before checking your content’s impact and won’t be able to detect trends. Consequently, you may lack valuable insights that can help you adapt the content marketing strategy for an optimal impact on your target audience.
What makes a good content marketing metrics dashboard?
Setting up and refining a dashboard isn’t a major commitment, but it’s an investment that will pay for itself in the future and help you optimise content marketing. Once you have a marketing dashboard set up, it becomes easy and time efficient to pull insights across different platforms and analyse the performance of your content.
But what makes a good content marketing metrics dashboard? What are the things you need to consider when building a marketing dashboard? Although the answer may vary with your business goals and marketing activities, a good marketing dashboard is:
- Able to answer your questions: It contains all the relevant content marketing metrics, providing you with insights into how the content is performing. Moreover, it also allows you to add and build more complex metrics and calculations for in-depth insights.
- Flexible and scalable: You should be able to add or modify any metrics as required while working with large data sets.
- Easy to read and interpret: The marketing dashboard should be clear and easy to interpret when read by either the marketing team actively working on the campaigns or the board members looking to make executive decisions.
- Secure: Data security is of the utmost importance today. An unsecured marketing dashboard, no matter how good, will be a liability for your business.
- Able to provide up-to-date information: It offers up-to-date information about your content and how the audience interacts with it to help draw actionable insights.
How to create a content marketing metrics dashboard?
All the content marketing metrics and KPIs you want to monitor are not available in a single place. So, integrating data from multiple sources to visualise insights is the first step in creating your content marketing metrics dashboard. Therefore, once you have selected the right platform to build your marketing dashboard, you will need to link all the relevant sources to the dashboard, customise insights to include necessary calculations and KPIs, and then review the dashboard to fix any errors. See who your audience are and then select the metrics to visualise based on their needs. In the end, a complete dashboard will answer the question on how your marketing campaigns are performing and will provide you with valuable, actionable insights into your content marketing efforts.
For organisations on the digital transformation journey, agility is key in responding to a rapidly changing technology and business landscape. Now more than ever, it is crucial to deliver and exceed on organisational expectations with a robust digital mindset backed by innovation. Enabling businesses to sense, learn, respond, and evolve like a living organism, will be imperative for business excellence going forward. A comprehensive, yet modular suite of services is doing exactly that. Equipping organisations with intuitive decision-making automatically at scale, actionable insights based on real-time solutions, anytime/anywhere experience, and in-depth data visibility across functions leading to hyper-productivity, Live Enterprise is building connected organisations that are innovating collaboratively for the future.
How can Infosys BPM help?
Infosys BPM Content Marketing Operations (CMO) team brings together digital content, design and campaign experts to help you set up your content marketing operations, from content creation and distribution to selecting the best content marketing metrics and setting up a marketing dashboard. Innovate and evolve your marketing operations with Infosys BPM Content Marketing Operations (CMO) team and stay on top of your content marketing metrics with a secure and scalable marketing dashboard.