Infosys' Context Solutions
CPG companies are increasingly focusing on their core businesses with a need to increase their top line performance. With the constant rising consumer demands, competitive pricing, fragmented mass markets, a complex global supply chain and product portfolios, innovation, cost saving initiatives and operational consolidation is a business imperative. In the CPG Industry we see:
Finance and Accounting
- A constant need to increase profitability and reduce costs with efficient sourcing decisions and an efficient supply chain management process
- Meeting customer's changing needs and requirements with speed to market often with complex new products
Increased Trade Promotion expense,
- Inconsistent, inaccurate Product, Customer and Vendor data with legacy and disparate systems leading to loss in revenues and profits
The need to reduce costs and achieve process efficiencies in the F&A space drives CPG industry to outsource the Finance & Accounting (F&A) function. Infosys' offerings in this space address issues such as high costs of F&A services, improve quality of service, enable automation through implementation of technology enablers, and deliver a world-class finance organization by implementing business metrics.
Human Resources Outsourcing (HRO) is evolving in CPG companies. The complex operational landscape and sub-standard integration of delivery often prevent cost savings.
Infosys' end-to-end HRO solution, based on a repeatable transaction process and HR technology platforms and standards, optimizes HRO engagements with standardized and improved processes.
Master Data Management
Master Data Management (MDM) presents a unique challenge to CPG companies due to the large volume of items, vendors and customers, and frequent changes to item attributes. Multiple legacy systems and the disseminated ownership of item attributes complicate the maintenance of accurate data records.
Infosys' Master Data Management solution creates a robust and responsive master data foundation. It manages item, vendor and customer data to ensure data quality. The solution provides a unified and accurate master data by consolidating disparate and, sometimes, conflicting records.
The Infosys BPM-IDLM Platform solution leverages Infosys BPM's deep domain expertise and predictable offshore delivery capabilities and TIBCO's Collaborative Information Manager (CIM) and partner products to provide a unified view of data across the enterprise. The solution ensures process discipline in information management.
- Reduces time-to-market through faster set up of new items, suppliers and customers
- Provides an integrated view across the organization, enabling innovation and faster introduction of products
- Reduces downstream supply chain inefficiencies through improved data quality and ownership
- Ensures better control and visibility of supplier, product and customer data
- Enables key client resources to focus on critical business and customer-facing processes
- Ensures consolidation-driven efficiencies and process improvements
- Reduces costs by leveraging Infosys' Global Delivery Model
- Enables integration of inorganic growth with a rapidly scalable operating model
- Provides robust and predictable implementation by combining our technology and integration expertise
- Enables a phased implementation approach based on the client's process maturity and financial requirements
- Offers flexible hosting options such as in-firewall and vendor-hosted models
« Back to
Consumer Packaged Goods