Education Technology Services
Education technology trends for a future-ready business
Technology is progressing rapidly and this evolution is driving change in all aspects of our day-to-day life. Access to modern technology has changed how we interact, work, travel, and so much more. But the field of education is yet to completely embrace this transformation. While traditional teaching methods have stood the test of time, there are several obstacles to providing quality education worldwide. The pandemic kicked off a digital transformation across various industries, and we are witnessing several notable innovations in education technology that can prove advantageous to physical as well as virtual classrooms. Incorporating these innovations into the education sector can deliver:
- Various teaching styles
- Immersive learning experience
- Access to long-distance learning
- Better engagement
- Improved collaboration between students
- Personalised learning experiences based on specific needs
Now let’s take a closer look at eight leading trends and technologies poised to reshape how we dispense knowledge.
- eLearning: eLearning has been around for a while, but the pandemic witnessed its widespread adoption by schools worldwide, boosting the demand for e-learning platforms. Educators are no longer confined to classrooms, which allows for a fun and interactive learning experience enriched by videos and animations. eLearning has a widespread appeal, is easily accessible with a device and an internet connection, and is cost-effective, which is why we believe the virtual distance learning model is here to stay.
- Personalised, on-demand learning: Modern methods can eliminate standard syllabi for students by allowing customised learning experiences based on students’ specific interests and acumen. Making provisions for various interests, strengths, and weaknesses can facilitate better learning and understanding for each student, which isn’t possible in the traditional classroom environment.
- Blockchain-based data storage and verification: Tamper-proof blockchain-based systems can store student documents and academic records securely. This method ensures transparency and guarantees that records are not vulnerable to alteration once entered into the educational institution’s online ledger. Blockchain can verify a student’s credentials and certificates, reducing chances of fraudulent activities.
- Artificial intelligence: Smart technologies have the potential to transform education as well. AI-driven systems can provide students with accurate and unbiased feedback and predict a student’s performance based on the analysis of historical data. These systems could also be set up to analyse and evaluate responses to psychometric tests, provide personalised teaching solutions, grade papers, or manage examinations. The possibilities with AI are limitless!
- Virtual reality and augmented reality: VR and AR technologies provide immersive and interactive learning experiences unlike traditional classrooms. These technologies have become more accessible in recent times and can better engage students with learning experiences that are exploratory and fun. VR and AR can demonstrate complicated concepts to students, and such immersive experiences allow for better understanding and retention.
- Learning analytics: Educators can use learning analytics to collect information about a student’s performance, track their progress, and identify students who may require extra attention. Insights gained from this technology, which has its roots in AI and data science, can help increase student engagement by letting educators know what teaching methods and patterns work the best.
- Gamification: Learning and gathering valuable information while playing a game sounds like a dream come true. That’s exactly what gamification is all about. Applying this technology to the education system can keep boredom at bay, especially for students at the primary level who get to learn while having fun. Gamification keeps kids engaged, creates an entertaining environment, and boosts cognitive development.
- The cloud: Modern cloud technology enables students and teachers to collaborate in real time from anywhere across the world. Using the cloud, students can access uploaded projects and assignments from a phone, a tablet, or a computer. The teachers can remotely upload new assignments or learning material without having to worry about data storage.
For organisations on the digital transformation journey, agility is key in responding to a rapidly changing technology and business landscape. Now more than ever, it is crucial to deliver and exceed organisational expectations with a robust digital mindset backed by innovation. Enabling businesses to sense, learn, respond, and evolve like living organisms will be imperative for business excellence. A comprehensive yet modular suite of services is doing precisely that. Equipping organisations with intuitive decision-making automatically at scale, actionable insights based on real-time solutions, anytime/anywhere experience, and in-depth data visibility across functions leading to hyper-productivity, Live Enterprise is building connected organisations that are innovating collaboratively for the future.
How can Infosys BPM help?
Infosys BPM provides solutions to growing education needs with a comprehensive set of edutech services that aim to encourage various teaching and learning styles. Reach out to explore the latest innovations in education technology designed to facilitate learning, enhance productivity and deliver cost efficiency.