Robotic Process Automation
Six RPA tools to shape your digital business
While a growing number of organisations in the post-COVID economy are looking to accelerate their digital transformation and automation agenda, a recent research by Forrester Consulting provided some valuable insights on this trend:
- 68% of employees believe that automation increases productivity
- 52% believe that automation promotes work–life balance
- 43% believe that automation enables one to focus on more critical work
These figures reveal RPA’s growing importance in business and business transformation in a dynamic and static market. By implementing RPA, businesses can eliminate tedious and repetitive manual tasks by building and managing robots, which mimic human interaction with digital systems and software. This frees up human resources for other jobs that require deep human intervention.*
The benefits of using RPA
RPA tools for digital businesses are widely used in healthcare, retail, telecommunications, banking, insurance, and manufacturing to derive benefits such as better productivity, employee engagement, and accuracy.
- Better productivity: RPA streamlines the workflow and makes organisations efficient, profitable, and agile. RPA tech can enhance cost savings by improving business metrics and focusing on strategy-based decision-making as employees’ time is freed up.
- Faster digital transformation: RPA applications are non-disruptive and easy to incorporate for rapid digital change. It can create automated workflows in legacy systems that lack APIs (application programming interface) and VDIs (virtual desktop infrastructures). Moreover, RPA tools can rapidly scale up business operations to meet peak workloads and adapt to demand surges.
- Higher employee engagement: One study concluded a 57% higher employee engagement after implementing RPA software. The reason was the deviation from dull and repetitive chores to more productive work.
- Lower number of errors: Machines make significantly fewer or zero mistakes when performing repetitive tasks compared with humans. Once you program the software, you don’t have to worry about human errors. Additionally, using RPA can significantly improve compliance, allowing businesses to reach their compliance goals.
Six popular RPA tools for digital businesses
Mimicking mundane and repetitive tasks, here are a few popular RPA tools that enterprises successfully employ to perform daily business operations efficiently and productively:
- UiPath: UiPath uses AI to scan various processes to determine the best methods and strategies to automate using no-code, low-code, or full-code operability. Highly scalable with robust support and training, UiPath has a wide range of tools for employees of various skill levels.
- Blue Prism: Blue Prism is a user-friendly and low-code RPA tool best suited for project managers. The simple drag–drop interface allows easy customisation of automation processes. It offers on-premise, cloud, hybrid, and multi-cloud deployments.
- WorkFusion: WorkFusion is preferred for large volume processes. Their pre-built packages with ML bots come pre-trained to shorten deployment time. The platform includes advanced analytics tools that indicate how automation is affecting business KPIs.
- Automation Anywhere: With an intuitive user interface, Automation Anywhere’s Automation 360 offers end-to-end automation using a cloud-based RPA system. After a thorough process analysis, it highlights the processes that could gain the highest ROI from automating.
- Kofax: Kofax is a no-code RPS best suited for automating labour-intensive and multi-step processes. The AI interprets data and derives the needed actions. Kofax is flexible and scalable, allowing businesses to improve their existing tech investments and improve productivity.
- Pega: Pega’s features speed up solutions for rapid development, case management, and data consolidation for desktop automation. Pega offers end-to-end automation for businesses looking to accelerate strategic change. However, it is not entirely low code and has a learning curve supported by robust technical and customer support.
What to consider while selecting RPA tools?While selecting the right tool, a few factors help decide the right solution for your business. This includes the scalability, technical nuances, industry type, OS support, and costs. Let’s look at a few of them:
- Ease of use: No-code RPA tools allow all programming skill levels to use the software and gain maximum benefit without extensive training.
- Cost-effectiveness: The purpose of RPA is to reduce cost and improve productivity. Factor in vendor fees, implementation cost, and maintenance fees while calculating the cost of ownership.
- Scalability: RPA tools should have easy integration and expanded accessibility for its functionality to grow as the business evolves.
- Ease of implementation: A non-invasive and compatible RPA software can reduce downtime and ease transition from existing systems.
- Technical specifications: A reliable RPA should offer technical specs that include features like screen scraping, scalability, robust security features, and AI-powered skills.
- Support services: Consistent and reliable support and training are critical to smooth integration, use, and maintenance of the software.
How Infosys BPM can help?
At Infosys BPM, we focus on improving metrics, savings, and ROI by following a platform- and technology-agnostic approach. Supported by over 1,000 RPA consultants and developers, our technology capability extends across our proprietary platform AssistEdge as well as leading third-party tools and platforms, including Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, UiPath, and WorkFusion. Through our services, you can:
- Monitor performance of an individual robot
- Monitor performance at the process level (e.g., AHT, time taken for each task)
- Control tower capabilities for RPA-enabled process management
*For organisations on the digital transformation journey, agility is key in responding to a rapidly changing technology and business landscape. Now more than ever, it is crucial to deliver and exceed on organisational expectations with a robust digital mindset backed by innovation. Enabling businesses to sense, learn, respond, and evolve like a living organism, will be imperative for business excellence going forward. A comprehensive, yet modular suite of services is doing exactly that. Equipping organisations with intuitive decision-making automatically at scale, actionable insights based on real-time solutions, anytime/anywhere experience, and in-depth data visibility across functions leading to hyper-productivity, Live Enterprise is building connected organisations that are innovating collaboratively for the future.