Infosys BPM joins the three-comma club, crossing $1B in revenues
Infosys BPM, the business process management subsidiary of Infosys Ltd, has officially crossed over a billion dollars in revenue in FY’20, an important milestone with implications on the future of the company as a whole.
Established in 2002, Infosys BPM has steadily built its capabilities over the last 18 years along two tracks:
- Expansion of back-office operations including finance and accounting, procurement, and customer service operations
- Investments and focus on growing horizontal BPS services
- Strong focus on embedding emerging technologies within business operations, such as AI-based suite of procurement solutions, and investments in blockchain, digital twins, RPA, and AI in finance
- Organic expansion of business, and M&A-fueled growth, with acquisitions such as Portland group (2011), HiPUS (Hitachi-Panasonic) JV (2019), and Eischtec (2019)
- Focused M&A to build industry-specific solutions:
- Success in the banking domain with the ABN AMRO joint venture of Stater
- Acquired a 75% stake in Stater, taking on mortgage admin services capabilities from ABN AMRO in 2019
- Acquired insurance BPaaS firm McCamish Systems Ltd in 2009
Infosys BPM also rates #1 in voice of the customer in multiple Top 10s at HFS, including Source-to-Pay and Insurance Services. Many of Infosys clients are its biggest advocates, and unlike some of its other billion-dollar BPO contemporaries.