Infosys Profiled in the NelsonHall Wealth & Asset Management Services Research
Infosys has been profiled in the NelsonHall Wealth & Asset Management Services research. The profile focuses on various aspects of the Wealth & Asset (W&A) Management Services space embarked upon by Infosys – from the key offerings, and delivery capabilities and partnerships, to the key markets served and the strategy going forward.
Infosys BPM provides end-to-end transformative services for its clients across the globe. Infosys’ Wealth & Asset Management Services as part of the BPM business, supports clients across three core domain areas:
- Client facing and front office functions
- Internal / external client reporting, middle office operations, and account servicing
- Regulatory reporting and back office operations
These are for both wealth management divisions in universal banks and independent wealth management firms.
Andy Efstathiou, NelsonHall’s Principal Research Analyst, identifies that Infosys has the below major strengths in the Wealth & Asset Management Services space:
- Large ecosystem of partners to develop new functionality to digitize W&A managers
- Ownership of proprietary delivery platforms for operations, which are being enhanced with proprietary analytics and AI
- A large onshore delivery presence which is being grown rapidly
- New acquisitions and partnerships to enhance delivery capabilities
Please click here to read the profile.
“Infosys has a broad range of services which it offers in the Wealth & Asset Management market, which appeal to a wide range of clients in multiple geographies. Infosys will continue to grow its W&A services for the next two years, by pursuing initiatives which embed AI into platforms, continuing to develop new functionality with its ecosystem of partners and increase its cloud and onshore delivery.” Infosys’ four-pillar strategy of “Navigate your Next” supports clients who want to access onshore delivery resources at scale and improve their operational efficiency.”